Air-Fryer Black Bean Veggie Burgers are a nutritious and delicious alternative to traditional beef burgers. They are made with black beans, vegetables, and spices and perfectly cooked in an air fryer. These burgers are packed with plant-based protein and have a satisfyingly crispy exterior, thanks to the air-frying method.
They are a great option for those following a vegetarian or vegan diet or anyone looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into their routine. Whether serving them on a bun with all your favorite toppings or enjoying them alone, these air-fryer black bean veggie burgers will surely be a crowd-pleaser at your next cookout or weeknight dinner.
Recipe: Air-fryer Black Bean Veggie Burgers
Are you looking for a delicious and nutritious vegetarian burger option? Try these homemade Air-Fryer Black Bean Veggie Burgers! Packed with protein, fiber, and a satisfying flavor, these burgers are a crowd-pleaser and a healthier alternative to traditional meat-based patties. Plus, they are super easy to make! Let’s dive into the recipe below.
- One can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Two cloves garlic, minced
- One teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- Cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the black beans until mostly smooth.
- Add the cooked quinoa, thawed corn, diced red bell pepper, diced yellow onion, chopped fresh cilantro, minced garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper to the bowl with the mashed black beans. Mix well to combine.
- Add the breadcrumbs and whole wheat flour to the mixture and stir until evenly incorporated. The mixture should be firm enough to form patties. If it’s too moist, add a bit more breadcrumbs or flour.
- Shape the mixture into burger patties, approximately 1/2-inch thick and 3-4 inches in diameter.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F.
- Lightly coat the Air-Fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Place the burger patties in the air fryer basket, ensuring they are not touching each other.
- Cook the burgers in the air fryer for about 12–15 minutes, flipping halfway through, until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Once cooked, remove the burgers from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the black bean veggie burgers on whole wheat buns, topped with your favorite burger fixings such as lettuce, tomato, onion, and avocado.
Enjoy these delicious and healthy Air-Fryer Black Bean Veggie Burgers as a tasty alternative to traditional burgers. They are perfect for summer cookouts, weeknight dinners, or whenever you’re craving a satisfying vegetarian meal. Give it a try, and let us know what you think!
Tips For Making The Perfect Air-fryer Veggie Burger
Your air fryer can be your secret weapon when creating a delicious and healthy veggie burger. With its ability to crisp up the exterior while maintaining a moist and flavorful interior, the air fryer is the perfect appliance for veggie burger enthusiasts. To help you achieve an excellent result every time, here are some essential tips to keep in mind:
Choosing The Right Beans
When making a veggie burger, the choice of beans is crucial. While you can experiment with different bean types, black beans work exceptionally well. Their firm texture and earthy flavor provide a solid base for the burger. You can use canned or cooked black beans, but drain and rinse them thoroughly to remove any excess moisture.
Adding Flavor And Texture
Air fryer veggie burgers can sometimes lack the depth of flavor that traditional beef burgers offer. To combat this, it’s important to add a variety of seasonings and ingredients that will enhance the taste and texture of your burger. Some popular choices include finely chopped onions, garlic, bell peppers, and mushrooms. These ingredients not only add delicious flavors but also contribute to the overall texture of the burger.
You can also incorporate breadcrumbs, oats, or cooked quinoa into the mixture to provide additional substance and a satisfying mouthfeel. These ingredients help bind the burger together and prevent it from falling apart during cooking. Feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices to customize the flavor to your liking.
Cooking Time And Temperature
Proper cooking time and temperature are crucial to the perfect air-fried veggie burger. Preheat your air fryer to around 375°F (190°C) for the best results. This allows the exterior to become golden brown and crispy while ensuring that the interior is cooked all the way through.
Most air fryers require approximately 10-15 minutes of cooking time for veggie burgers. However, the actual cooking time may vary depending on the size and thickness of your patties. It’s always a good idea to check the burgers periodically during cooking and adjust the time accordingly.
Remember to flip the burgers halfway through cooking to ensure even browning on both sides. This will give your veggie burger an enticing appearance while maintaining a juicy and tender center.
By following these tips for making the perfect air-fryer veggie burger, you can elevate your meatless meal to a new level. Enjoy the delicious flavors and textures of this wholesome, guilt-free burger!
Frequently Asked Questions Of Air-fryer Black Bean Veggie Burgers
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Air-Fryer Black Bean Veggie Burgers?
You will need black beans, breadcrumbs, onions, bell peppers, corn, spices, and a flaxseed meal or egg binder to make Air-Fryer Black Bean Veggie Burgers. These ingredients come together to create a flavorful and nutritious vegetarian burger patty.
How Do I Cook Air-Fryer Black Bean Veggie Burgers?
To cook Air-Fryer Black Bean Veggie Burgers, preheat your air fryer to 375°F. Spray the patties with cooking spray and place them in the air fryer basket. Cook for about 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through until golden brown and crispy.
Serve them on a bun with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
Can I Freeze Air-Fryer Black Bean Veggie Burgers?
Yes, you can freeze Air-Fryer Black Bean Veggie Burgers for later use. After cooking the patties, let them cool completely. Then, please place them in a freezer-safe bag or container, separating them with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
When ready to eat, thaw them in the fridge overnight and reheat them in the air fryer or oven for a delicious meal.
These air-fryer black bean veggie burgers offer a healthier alternative to traditional beef burgers. Packed with nutrients from black beans and veggies, they provide a flavorful and satisfying meal option. With the added benefit of being air-fried, they also reduce the need for excess oil.
Give these burgers a try and enjoy a tasty, guilt-free meal everyone will love.