Air-Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower is a tasty and healthy alternative to traditional buffalo wings. I am using an air fryer and introducing Air-Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower!
This delicious and nutritious dish satisfies your craving for buffalo wings while being a healthier option. Made in an air fryer, this recipe combines the crispness of cauliflower with the bold flavors of buffalo sauce. Whether you’re a vegetarian or vegan or want to switch things up, Air-Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower is the perfect snack or appetizer everyone can enjoy.
Say goodbye to greasy, deep-fried wings and say hello to this guilt-free and delicious alternative. In just a few simple steps, you can have a mouthwatering dish packed with flavor, and it makes a great addition to any meal or gathering.
Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe
Are you looking for a delicious and healthier alternative to buffalo wings? Look no further than this mouthwatering buffalo cauliflower recipe. Whether you’re a vegetarian, trying to cut back on meat, or simply looking for a tasty appetizer or snack, this recipe will surely hit the spot.
- One medium-sized head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk (plant-based milk works too!)
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- One teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- One tablespoon melted butter (optional)
Before we get to the cooking, let’s prepare the cauliflower. Start by preheating your air fryer to 400°F (around 200°C). Rinse the cauliflower, remove the leaves, and cut it into bite-sized florets. Pat them dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
Whisk together the flour, milk, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a bowl until you have a smooth batter. Dip each cauliflower floret into the batter, ensuring it’s fully coated.
While the cauliflower is cooking, mix the buffalo sauce and melted butter (if using) together in a separate bowl. Remove the cooked cauliflower from the air fryer and toss it in the buffalo sauce mixture until evenly coated.
Place the coated cauliflower back in the air fryer for another 5-7 minutes until it becomes crispy and starts to brown. Keep an eye on the cauliflower during this time to prevent burning.
Once the cauliflower is cooked to your desired crispiness, please remove it from the air fryer and let it cool for a few minutes. Enjoy it with your favorite dipping sauce, ranch, or blue cheese dressing!
Tips And Variations
When it comes to making Air-Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower, there are a few tips and variations that can take this dish to the next level. Whether you’re looking for alternative cooking methods, healthy alternatives, or spice variations, you’ll find plenty of options to suit your taste buds. Let’s explore these enticing options that will make your Air-Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower a crowd-pleaser!
Alternative Cooking Methods
Don’t worry if you don’t have an air fryer or prefer a different cooking method; don’t worry! You can still enjoy delicious Buffalo Cauliflower with alternatives:
- Oven-Baking: Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Place the cauliflower florets on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20–25 minutes, flipping halfway through. This method will give you a crispy outer layer with tender cauliflower inside.
- Grilling: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Place the cauliflower florets on a vegetable grilling pan or skewers for easy flipping. Grill for 10–12 minutes, turning occasionally, until the cauliflower is cooked and slightly charred.
- Pan-Frying: Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower florets and cook for 8–10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crispy outside.
If you’re looking for a healthier twist on the classic buffalo cauliflower, here are a few alternatives:
- Whole-Wheat Flour: Instead of using regular all-purpose flour in the batter, substitute it with whole-wheat flour. It adds extra fiber and nutrients to the dish.
- Greek Yogurt Dip: Instead of serving your buffalo cauliflower with a traditional ranch or blue cheese dip, choose a healthier alternative, like Greek yogurt mixed with herbs and spices. It’s creamy and packed with protein.
- Baked instead of Fried: To cut down on calories and fat, skip the frying step. After tossing the cauliflower in the buffalo sauce, spread them on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven until crispy and golden brown.
To add some extra kick and flavor to your Air-Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower, try these spice variations:
|Grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and dried parsley
|Savory and cheesy
|Barbecue sauce, honey, and smoked paprika
|Sweet and smoky
|Teriyaki sauce, sriracha, and ginger
|Sweet, tangy, and spicy
These spice variations will take your Air-Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower to a new level of deliciousness. Feel free to experiment with different combinations and adjust the spice levels according to your taste.
Frequently Asked Questions Of Air-fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
Is Air-fryer Buffalo Cauliflower A Healthy Snack Option?
Yes, air-fryer buffalo cauliflower is a healthier alternative to traditional buffalo wings. It is low in calories, fat, and cholesterol while still providing a crispy texture and delicious flavor.
How Do I Make Air-Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower?
To make air-fryer buffalo cauliflower, first, preheat your air fryer. Then, toss cauliflower florets in flour, spices, and non-dairy milk batter. Place the coated florets in the air fryer basket and cook for about 12-15 minutes or until crispy.
Finally, toss them in a buffalo sauce and serve.
Can I Adjust The Spice Level Of Air-fryer Buffalo Cauliflower?
Absolutely! You can adjust the spice level of air-fryer buffalo cauliflower to your liking. Increase or decrease the amount of cayenne pepper and hot sauce used in the buffalo sauce to achieve your desired spiciness.
Incorporating more plant-based options into your diet can be both delicious and nutritious. Air-fryer buffalo cauliflower offers a crispy, flavorful alternative to traditional buffalo wings. Using the air-fryer can achieve a satisfying crunch without all the added oil.
Whether vegan, vegetarian, or simply looking to add variety to your meal rotation, this recipe is a must-try. So, get your air-fryer ready and enjoy this guilt-free and mouthwatering snack!