Almond Tea Bread is a delicious, nutty treat for tea time and snacking. This moist bread is infused with almond flavor and topped with a crunchy almond glaze, making it a delightful choice for any occasion.
We will explore the recipe and step-by-step instructions to bake this delectable treat. So grab your apron and mixing bowl, and let’s get started on this mouthwatering almond tea bread journey!
The almond tea bread recipe calls for a handful of essential ingredients, including almonds, flour, sugar, eggs, and butter, resulting in a delicious and wholesome treat.
For The Bread
The secret lies in using the right ingredients when making delicious almond tea bread that will impress your friends and family. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Two cups of all-purpose flour: This flour serves as the base for the bread, giving it structure and a tender texture.
- One teaspoon of baking powder: Adding baking powder helps the bread rise and become light and fluffy.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt: Salt enhances the flavor of the bread and balances out the sweetness of the other ingredients.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature: Softened butter is more straightforward to incorporate into the dough, ensuring a moist and tender bread.
- One cup granulated sugar: Sugar gives the bread its sweetness, making it the perfect treat for tea time.
- Two large eggs: Eggs act as a binding agent, holding the bread together and adding moisture.
- One teaspoon of almond extract infuses the bread with a rich, nutty flavor that complements the almonds in the glaze.
- One cup of milk: Milk provides the necessary liquid to bring the dough together and create a soft, tender texture.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds: Sliced almonds add a delightful crunch to the bread and enhance its visual appeal.
For The Almond Glaze
A luscious almond glaze is a must to take this almond tea bread to the next level. Here’s what you’ll need for the ice:
- One cup powdered sugar: Powdered sugar forms the base of the ice, giving it a smooth and creamy consistency.
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract: A hint of almond extract intensifies the almond flavor, making the glaze irresistible.
- 2-3 tablespoons of milk: Milk helps thin the glaze to the desired consistency, making it easy to drizzle over the bread.
- Sliced almonds for garnish: Sprinkling sliced almonds on top of the glaze adds a lovely visual element and an extra crunch to each bite.
Are you looking for a delightful treat to enjoy with your afternoon tea? Look no further than this delicious almond tea bread recipe. This moist and flavorful bread, topped with a sweet almond glaze, will impress your friends and family. This section will guide you through the recipe instructions, from preparing the bread to assembling and serving. Let’s get started!
Preparing The Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a bread loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of granulated sugar, one teaspoon of baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of softened, unsalted butter to the dry ingredients. Use a pastry cutter or fingertips to incorporate the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Whisk together two large eggs, one teaspoon of almond extract, and 1 cup of milk in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of sliced almonds for an added touch of crunch and flavor.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 55–60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool completely before removing it from the pan.
Making The Almond Glaze
- Combine 1 cup of powdered sugar in a small bowl with 1-2 tablespoons of milk. Mix until smooth.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract to the glaze and stir well to incorporate.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to achieve your desired hue, if desired.
Assembling And Serving
Once the bread has cooled, drizzle the almond glaze over the top using a spoon or a piping bag. Let the glaze set for a few minutes.
Cut the almond tea bread into slices and serve it with a hot cup. The nutty flavors of the almonds and the sweet almond glaze perfectly complement each other, making this bread a delightful treat for tea or any time.
Frequently Asked Questions Of Almond Tea Bread
Is Almond Tea Bread Gluten-free?
No, almond tea bread is not gluten-free, as it is typically made with flour, which contains gluten. However, you can try using gluten-free flour alternatives to make a gluten-free version of almond tea bread.
What Are The Ingredients In Almond Tea Bread?
The main ingredients in almond tea bread include almond flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, eggs, butter, milk, baking powder, almond extract, and sliced almonds for toppings.
How Do You Make Almond Tea Bread?
Combine dry ingredients like almond flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, and baking powder to make almond tea bread. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with melted butter, milk, and almond extract. Then, mix the dry and wet ingredients and pour the batter into a loaf pan.
Bake in the oven at a specified temperature for about an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
Can I Add Other Flavors To Almond Tea Bread?
Definitely! You can enhance the flavor of almond tea bread by adding ingredients like lemon zest, cinnamon, or vanilla extract to the batter. These additional flavors can complement the almond flavor and give your tea bread a unique taste.
Almond tea bread is a delicious and versatile treat that can be enjoyed anytime. Its nutty flavor and moist texture make it a crowd-pleaser for casual gatherings and special occasions. Whether you prefer it with a cup of tea in the morning or as a dessert after dinner, this recipe will satisfy your cravings.
Give it a try and let the aroma of freshly baked almond tea bread fill your kitchen.