Air-fried butternut squash tacos are delicious, healthy, and satisfying. They are easy to make and packed with flavor.
These are a great alternative to traditional meat tacos, making them perfect for vegetarians or anyone looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into their diet. The butternut squash is thinly sliced and air-fried to crispy perfection, then stuffed into a warm tortilla and topped with your favorite taco toppings.
With the perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors, these tacos will surely be a hit at your next dinner party or weeknight family meal. Plus, the air-frying method reduces oil and calories without sacrificing taste. Whether you’re a meat-lover or a vegetable enthusiast, you won’t be able to resist these mouthwatering butternut squash tacos.
Introduction To Air-fried Butternut Squash Tacos
Welcome to our blog post on air-fried butternut squash tacos! If you’re looking for a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional meat tacos, you’re in the right place. In this post, we will explore what air-fried butternut squash tacos are and their benefits, and we will share a simple and flavorful recipe you can easily make at home.
What are air-fried butternut squash tacos?
Air-fried butternut squash tacos are a vegetarian and gluten-free taco option that replaces meat with tender and crispy air-fried butternut squash. This tasty alternative is perfect for those who follow a plant-based diet or want to incorporate more vegetables into their meals. The butternut squash slices are coated in a flavorful spice mix and air-fried until golden brown and caramelized on the outside while maintaining a soft texture.
Benefits Of Air-fried Butternut Squash Tacos
Air-fried butternut squash tacos offer numerous benefits that make them a great choice for a healthy and satisfying meal:
|1. Nutritional Value
|Air-fried butternut squash is packed with essential nutrients such as vitamins A, C, and E and dietary fiber. These nutrients support a healthy immune system, promote glowing skin, and aid digestion.
|2. Low in Calories
|Compared to traditional meat tacos, air-fried butternut squash tacos are lower in calories, making them a great option for those watching their calorie intake or trying to maintain a healthy weight.
|The versatility of air-fried butternut squash lets you get creative with your taco toppings. Whether you prefer a tangy salsa, creamy avocado, or crunchy slaw, these tacos provide a blank canvas for your favorite flavors.
|4. Easy to Make
|With the help of an air fryer, making butternut squash tacos has never been easier. The air-fryer ensures the squash slices cook evenly and become crispy without excess oil or frying.
How To Make Air-fried Butternut Squash Tacos
Are you tired of the same old taco fillings? Why not try something unique and delicious with air-fried butternut squash tacos? This recipe takes the traditional taco to a new level by using tender, crispy butternut squash as the star ingredient. It is a healthier alternative to fried meat and adds a burst of flavor and texture to your tacos. So, let’s dive into how you can create these mouthwatering air-fried butternut squash tacos right in your kitchen!
Ingredients For Air-fried Butternut Squash Tacos
Before we get started, let’s gather all the ingredients you’ll need to make these delectable air-fried butternut squash tacos:
- One medium butternut squash
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- One teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Eight small tortillas
- Optional toppings: diced onions, chopped cilantro, lime wedges
Preparing The Butternut Squash
Now that we have our ingredients, it’s time to prepare the star of the show – the butternut squash:
- Start by peeling the butternut squash and removing the seeds. Cut it into small, bite-sized cubes.
- Toss the butternut squash cubes with olive oil, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Make sure each piece is evenly coated with the spices.
- Add some cayenne pepper or your favorite hot sauce to the seasoning mix if you prefer a spicier kick.
Coating And Air-frying The Squash
Now that the butternut squash is spiced up, it’s time to make them crispy and golden in the air fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Coat the seasoned butternut squash cubes in a separate bowl with a thin layer of flour. This will help give them a crispy exterior.
- Place the coated squash cubes in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Avoid overcrowding to ensure even air circulation.
- Air fry the butternut squash for 15-18 minutes, flipping them halfway through to ensure they cook evenly. They should be golden and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Assembling The Tacos
Now that we have our perfectly air-fried butternut squash, it’s time to assemble our tacos:
- Warm your tortillas in a dry skillet or microwave until soft and pliable.
- Place a generous amount of the air-fried butternut squash cubes on each tortilla.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings, such as diced onions, chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Feel free to get creative and add some avocado slices, salsa, or a dollop of sour cream for extra creaminess!
- Enjoy your flavorful and satisfying air-fried butternut squash tacos!
Enhance Your Air-fried Butternut Squash Tacos
There are endless possibilities when it comes to elevating the flavors of your air-fried butternut squash tacos. Adding tasty toppings and sauces or getting creative with variations can take your tacos to a new level of deliciousness. Whether you’re looking for a burst of freshness or a touch of heat, these ideas will help you create a mouthwatering taco experience.
Tasty Toppings And Sauces
No taco is complete without a medley of delicious toppings and sauces. Here are some tried and tested options that will enhance your air-fried butternut squash tacos:
- Avocado Salsa: Mash up a ripe avocado and mix it with diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro, lime juice, and a dash of salt. This creamy and tangy salsa adds a refreshing flavor to your tacos.
- Spicy Sriracha Mayo: Create a spicy sauce by mixing mayonnaise with sriracha, lime juice, and a pinch of garlic powder. Drizzle this sauce over your tacos for a flavorful kick.
- Pickled Red Onions: Thinly slice red onions and soak them in vinegar, sugar, and salt. These tangy and slightly sweet onions add a delightful crunch to your tacos.
- Cilantro-Lime Crema: Blend sour cream, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, and salt until smooth. This creamy and zesty sauce complements the sweetness of the butternut squash perfectly.
Creative Variations Of Air-fried Butternut Squash Tacos
If you’re feeling adventurous and want to try something different, here are some creative variations of air-fried butternut squash tacos:
- Asian-inspired: Toss the air-fried butternut squash in soy sauce, sesame oil, and honey. Serve it on a tortilla with shredded cabbage, sliced radishes, and a drizzle of hoisin sauce for a fusion of flavors.
- Mexican Street-Style: Layer your tortillas with air-fried butternut squash, crumbled cotija cheese, chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Sprinkle some chili powder for an extra kick.
- Mediterranean Twist: Top your air-fried butternut squash tacos with crumbled feta cheese, diced cucumbers, Kalamata olives, and a dollop of tzatziki sauce. The combination of flavors will transport you to the shores of the Mediterranean.
- BBQ Sensation: Toss the air-fried butternut squash in BBQ sauce before assembling your tacos. Add a scoop of coleslaw, a sprinkle of diced red onions, and a drizzle of additional BBQ sauce for a comforting and smoky twist.
These creative variations will add diversity to your taco nights and impress your taste buds with unique flavor profiles. With a mix of sweet, savory, and tangy elements, each taco creation will leave you craving for more.
Frequently Asked Questions On Air-fried Butternut Squash Tacos
Can I Use Other Types Of Squash For This Recipe?
Yes, you can use other types of squash, such as acorn squash or delicata squash, for this recipe. Adjust the cooking time accordingly, as different squash varieties may cook at different rates.
Can I Bake The Butternut Squash Instead Of Air Frying It?
Yes, you can bake the butternut squash instead of air frying it. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C), toss the squash with oil and seasoning, spread it out on a baking sheet, then bake for 20-25 minutes or until it is tender and golden brown.
How Do I Make The Taco Shells For This Recipe?
To make the taco shells for this recipe, buy pre-made taco shells from the store or create your own at home. Heat a small tortilla in a dry skillet over medium heat for 30 seconds on each side until it becomes pliable to make your taco shells.
Then, fold it in half and continue cooking until it becomes crispy and holds its shape. Please remove it from the skillet and let it cool before filling it with the air-fried butternut squash and other taco fillings.
These air-fried butternut squash tacos offer a healthy and delicious alternative to traditional meat-filled tacos. With the perfect balance of flavors and the added benefits of lower oil content, they are a guilt-free indulgence for taco lovers.
Whether you’re a vegetarian or want to try something new, these tacos are a must-try. So grab your air fryer and get ready to enjoy a tasty and wholesome taco experience.